Sun Island Resort
Escape to an exotic world of breathtaking possibility, where adventure and relaxation are equally within reach. At Sun Island Resort & Spa – a flowering jewel among Maldives family hotels – every moment is free to shape into your personal version of paradise. Cruise along our stunning sapphire lagoons by jet-ski, canoe, windsurf or catamaran. Explore the spectacular local scenery and unique Maldivian culture with excursions to neighbouring islands. Or, simply let the ocean breeze caress you to sleep as you sway gently in your hammock. From invigorating activities to precious tranquillity, our Maldives fun island resort will captivate the heart with extraordinary experiences and unforgettable memories.
Sail The Turquoise Seas With Our Maldives Catamarans
At Sun Island Resort & Spa , water isn’t just a source of life – it’s a source of adventure. Our water sports center is located on the east side of the island, and offers both rental equipment and lessons by our professional staff. Learn the art of Maldives windsurfing from the safety of our shallow, tranquil lagoon. Feel the rush of adrenaline as you speed through the water on a pair of water skis. Or, let yourself be guided by the wind as you explore the island from a Maldives catamaran rental. Other water activities available at the resort include:
- Jet skis
- Diving and snorkeling
- Knee boarding
- Speed boats
Discover Our Island Paradise With Maldives Fishing Trips And Adventure Expeditions
With its onsite activities, relaxing spa and gourmet dining options, Sun Island Resort & Spa is truly a world of its own. But don’t forget that just beyond our doors, an entire country lies waiting to be explored. To help you experience our island nation’s rich culture and vast resources, we offer an array of excursions, ranging from Maldives island hopping adventures to thrilling dolphin safaris. Explore the area’s most beautiful reefs during a special snorkelling excursion, or set sail aboard a Maldives fishing boat for a magnificent sunrise or sunset journey. Our full range of excursions includes:
- Island Discovery , a full-day Maldives island hopping tour, which includes a barbecue lunch on an uninhabited island. Held Sundays from 0900h to 1700h
- Island Tours , offering a chance to learn about Maldivian culture and customs. Tour includes a visit to the island of Dhangethi, which features a Cultural Activity Centre. Offered Tuesdays from 1430h to 1700h.
- Follow the Dolphins , an organized dolphin safari designed to let visitors catch a glimpse of these gentle, graceful creatures. Available every morning and evening.
- Reef Explorer , which takes snorkelers to the area’s most beautiful reefs, where amazing multi-coloured corals and sea creatures can be found. Held Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 0930h to 1200h.
- Tholhufushi Robinson Excursion , offering a real-life Robinson Crusoe adventure on a deserted island. Held daily from 0900h to 1700h.
- Sunrise Fishing , held before the sun rises in order to attract the “big ones.” Your catch will later be barbecued at Guraamuli Grill. Available Mondays from 0530h to 0830h.
- Sunset Fishing , offering anglers the chance to cast their line before the splendid setting sun. Your catch will later be barbecued at Guraamuli Grill. Available Saturdays through Thursdays from 1715h to 2000h.
Delight In The Endless Activities Of Our Maldives Fun Island Resort / Sports & Recreation
Guests at Sun Island Resort & Spa will have access to a wide range of recreational facilities, all of which feature up-to-date, modern equipment. Take a tennis lesson from one of our experienced instructors, or organize a family game of volleyball or badminton. Explore the island on a rented bicycle, or entertain your children with our collection of electronic games. For fitness enthusiasts, our Maldives fun island hotel also features a fully equipped health centre with aerobic and strength training equipment. Take full advantage of our range of onsite activities, and enjoy an active, fun-filled holiday at our Maldives fun island resort.
- Water sports
- Fitness centre
- Tennis courts with floodlights
- Electronic games
- Indoor badminton
- Table tennis
- Bicycle rentals
Delight In The Endless Activities Of Our Maldives Fun Island Resort / Beach & Pool
While Sun Island Resort & Spa may be known for its abundance of activities, we also appreciate the need to slow things down. Take a break from it all as you lay out along the sapphire waters of our stunning, white-sand shoreline. Enjoy a soak in our tranquil lagoon, whose azure splendour proves our reputation as one of the most beautiful Maldives beach resorts. Or, perfect the art of relaxation as you lounge by our 1,800-square-metre outdoor pool, which is framed by lush tropical greenery and extends directly to the edge of the lagoon. For the ultimate in leisure, we offer an indulgent swim-up pool bar, while our children’s pool is ideal for families visiting our Maldives beach hotel.
- 1,800 square metre pool
- Swim-up pool bar
- Children’s pool area
- Beautiful beach and lagoon
Experience The Magic Of Maldives Shark Watching And Stingray Feeding Events
Enjoy a fascinating peek at the fauna of Sun Island Resort & Spa with our nightly Maldives stingray feeding event. Every evening at 2030h, guests are invited to gather at our service jetty, where information will be given about stingrays and their habitat. After this discussion, guests can feed these beautiful, ethereal creatures that have congregated along the jetty. To enhance this spectacle of nature, baby Maldives sharks swim amongst the stingrays, while elegant herons linger nearby waiting for their catch.
- Held every evening at 2130h
- Located at the service jetty
Experience The Underwater Wonders Of Our Maldives Dive Resort
Beneath the still, crystalline waters of Sun Island Resort & Spa, a colourful, fascinating world lays waiting to be discovered. Explore our rich underwater ecosystem with a Maldives dive trip, available on a daily basis through our onsite diving school. In addition to excursions, we also offer a range of beginner, specialty and instructor courses, each taught in a variety of languages for our international guests. Swim past brilliant coral and dazzling sea creatures by day, or sign up for an evening dive to marvel at the fluorescent glow of nocturnal species. Discover the breadth and beauty of local marine life, and see why our Maldives dive resort is considered one of the region’s premier dive and snorkel locales.
- Boat dives made three times a day
- Night dives available twice a week , as well as on special request
- Day trips available two times a week
- State-of-the-art dive centre , featuring two classrooms, eight changing rooms, compressor rooms, and a full range of equipment
- PADI courses taught onsite , including Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Dive Master, Assistant Instructor and assorted specialty courses
© 2018 Relax Holidays. All rights reserved | Powered by Graze.LK